Monday 15 August 2011

Week 4 - crystals

“Do you want to do a course with me?” Asked my friend Leigh. “It’s a heal yourself course with Jane.” Jane was the woman Leigh saw for reflexology. Leigh told me a bit more about it. Each week for 10 weeks we would learn about different alternative treatments we could use at home. Everything from reflexology, massage, essential oils, colour therapy to crystal therapy.

“Yep I would love to” I replied. So we both signed up and paid for the course.

I had a growing interest in alternative medicines, probably due to the fact that Ryan had Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and trying to find things that might help. I was really looking for to the essential oils. I loved the way that a smell could transport you on a journey – the sweet refreshing scent of orange, transferring you to an orchard or the calming lavender, relaxing you as if lying on a soft fluffy cloud.

The course was fantastic. Learning how to give a proper massage and also learning the reflexology points in hands and feet. We also had to use our intuitive abilities. A colored dot was placed on our brow around our third eye region. We then had to find our “mate” that had the same colour without looking: just going by instinct. There was a 100% success rate for the whole class!!

About the 6th week an older gentleman named Peter Hall came to teach us some basic on crystal therapy. Now this is not something that I had ever thought of or for that matter every heard of. The principal was that crystals worked on their vibrations to help heal. For some reason I was really drawn to this.

When the course finished 4 weeks later, I decided to actually go and have some crystal treatment done. Now being someone who is a bit skeptic I made sure I didn’t give anything away as to what health problems that I had.

The healing has me lie on my back on a massage table (yes fully clothed or I wouldn’t have been there). Peter used a pendulum over my charkas and then placed crystals on them and on other positions on my body. I could feel myself relaxing, my body getting heavy and melding into the table. I can’t remember ever being so relaxed.

When I had to roll over and Peter work on my back, it was the weirdest feeling. My spine actually felt like it was moving and realigning itself. There was a tingling that went with it as well. At the conclusion Peter was able to accurately tell me things about my life. Things that weren’t a vague reference that could be take a number of different ways.

He told me that my relationship with my mother was rocky. That I had to learn to tell her exactly how I felt. Also that I had to learn to love myself and not to blame myself for what was wrong with my son. Now as I said none of these things had been spoken about so not something he could know.

After having a couple of healings Peter asked if I was interested in learning crystal therapy myself. He was a qualified teacher with the Spiritual Venturers Association in England. I explained that no I couldn’t afford to, but he said no worries he wouldn’t worry about the fees.

After a lot of discussion with my family and working out how we could work around this, I signed up for the next class. Lucky for me it was 2 weekends a month for 10 months for two years.

Crystal therapy incorporates crystals, aromatherapy and colour therapy. The course consisted firstly of learning some geology, then basic healings thru to the more complex and house clearances. I loved every minute of it. It was a spiritual journey working through issues that had confronted me in my life as well as acceptance of things I could not change.

We also did meditations and learnt about the masters – Buddha, Jesus, St Germane to name a few. In the meantime I had to do heaps of practice and had lots of willing friends to volunteer for me.

One of the first experiences I had that proved to me that this was the right path for me, was a very good friend of mine who was coming each week for me to practice on. Now Tara never spoke of her father. I always thought he had passed away, so never broached the subject with her. This day doing some work on her, it came up I had to do some work, something to do with her father.

After I finished the healing I said to Tara. “Your dad? He’s alive isn’t he? You have some really bitter resentment towards him that you’re storing” It turns out that Tara’s dad was indeed alive and had been abusive to her mother. I was shocked that this had come out.

I loved doing healings on my kids. I was talking Troy, who was around 7 at the time, thru a guided meditation one day. When I had finished he looked and me and said “Did you see the flowers mum? Weren’t they pretty and the birds were so loud!!” I quickly had to go back over what I had read to him to see what flowers and birds he was talking about. Sure enough in the meditation in one part it says – see the flowers in the field and also a part with hear the birds sing, the bees buzz.

Another time Jade had a healing. When she got off the table she asked me if I felt the tingling. “What tingling?” I replied. “In my fingers” she said laughingly as she put her fingers to her face to feel the tingling sensation on it.

Two years later after completing the course I had a regular group of clients that would come and see me, even our GP. I still kept in touch with Peter as he did my healings. He was always going mad at me for what I was charging, saying that I needed to charge more. His opinion was by not charging a lot I wasn’t valuing my self-worth. To me it was more that I wanted people to be able to come when they needed to and know they could afford it. I would hate to see anyone not come just because of money.

Crystals have become a big part of my life giving guidance, comfort and healing to me

No comments:

Post a Comment