Started with going to a High Tea for Montrose Access with the two Jades, Colleen, and Jane. Lucky for me that I had let the kids watch TV when they were younger. It meant I could answer a question that no one else knew about Judith McGrath (who was guest speaker), that no one else knew. For that I won a sitting and portrait at Porfyri Photography Annerley. While I could of had the photos done with the family, I decided to be selfish and just have them done of myself. They turned out great and are the only pics of myself that I have seen that I truly like. I got a set of 3 black and white framed, which now proudly hang on the dining room wall.
Peter and I went and saw Jon English in concert at Ipswich Civic Centre. Have loved his music since I was about 12 and have seen him in numerous things over the years, including musicals, plays, concerts and on tv in shows. I think he is one of Australia's most diverse talents, who goes largely unrecognised.
The following week and day prior to my birthday, I went to a play called Ladies Night with Jan, Nicci, Jeanette, Wendy and her friend. We left with our jaws sore from laughing so much and commenting on what may have been accidental late 'light-dimming' moment at the end. We certainly got an eye full haha.
On the day I turned 50, we had Nicci, Brian and Gaanz staying. The kids were all home and we had a bbq dinner. While it was great to have them all there celebrating with me, I was hurt by the fact that my parents, who were travelling from Blackbutt to Port Macquarie for a holiday that day, couldn't take the time to drop in and say happy birthday as they went pass. Instead I got a phone call mid morning to say happy birthday and did I get their card. I told them no and got the reply 'oh well it will turn up in the mail some time'. I got the card with the $30 enclosed - which is better than the clothes I have gotten in the past that are 10 sizes too small and told 'for when you lose weight or you could give it to Jade'.
Saturday I met Chris at Brisbane airport for him to stay the weekend, always great to catch up with how his life is going. We all got to dress up in our best 60's gear and head off to North's for my party.
The only downfall with parties is that you don't get to spend as much time as you want to talk to everyone. Jade had done a great job decorating the place and while there was no cake by orders of me, I got to thank everyone who has helped us over the years.
We did a lot of dancing, which in turn reminded me later that night that I am not 18 and heat packs were used on back and hips and lots of water drunk to help with leg cramps haha. I had a great time and hope that everyone else did as well.
Unfortunately everyone had to leave Sunday and I didn't get to spend enough time with my dear friends. Maybe next time I can lock them all up, so they can't go home lol.
Its my friends that make me feel extremely special and the ones that I can count on. Thank you all so much for your friendships and love.
Now to pull my finger out and get some more items crossed off my list. After all, I only have 4 months to do it in lol.
3. Go on a holiday, hopefully to Melbourne. I was last there in 1984, so just a few years ago lol
5. Go down another 20kgs (gotten a bit stuck at the moment)
7. Have lunch or dinner at Bretts wharf or Aria Brisbane - Peter's boss said he is taking me for my birthday
8. Go through the glow worm caves at Springbrook hopefully when the glow fungi is out as well or the fireflies
10. Have a tarot reading - have the name of someone really good in Fernvale
15. Go to a zoo
16. Go to brisbane city markets - doing this with voucher from birthday
17. Brisbane's koala and river cruise
18. Toowoomba carnival of flowers
20. Go to Q1 lookout - got a voucher for this for my birthday
21. Get my bonsai started
22. crystal castle at mullumbimby
28. be part of a flash mob - now where does someone find these people
29. Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring.
31. Go on a retreat
34. Swim in the ocean - haven't done this for many many years
36. Spend a night at maleny/montville
37. Hold a snake - to overcome a fear (Went on the Brisbane wheel to overcome fear of heights but had to get off, so only went around once. Never again lol )
38. Attend the good food festival
39. feed the homeless - was looking into this a couple of months ago but didn't do anything about it. (contacted agencies but none have gotten back to me yet)
40. do a belly dancing class - well I have enough belly to wobble haha
42. queen mary falls walk
44. host a murder mystery dinner party - have the game here, now to organize
46. Have a games night with friends
48. Trike ride from Gold Coast to Mt Tambourine wineries
49. Ride on a carousel