Monday 15 August 2011

lapband - health changes

I had to do a follow up survey for the psychologist that I saw prior to having the ban done. It reminded me of a few health changes to share.

Hypertension - I have been on medication for high blood pressure for a while now. In December I had to have my medication reduced due to BP lowering. It has also got to the stage where I might be able to come off it altogether soon ..woohooo.

Diabetes - While mine has always been diet controlled, the doctor is now saying that I may not be classed as diabetic any more. Can't say if he does this, that I will miss the 3 monthly pee in a jar and go for blood tests that I do haha.

Sleeping - I use to have a daily nana nap in the afternoon. Now I very rarely have one. Also not sleeping in like I use to on the days that someone is here for Ryan.

General Health - I have a lot more energy. A good example was while away and going to Taronga Park Zoo. We spend 5 to 6 hours there and I only stopped for 2 shows (the bird and seal) and for lunch and one other rest. I would never have been able to walk around there like I did. Also when shopping I can now have a brisk walk without the need of grabbing the first trolley I see to help me with walking along.

Back problems - I can't say there has been any change in this, but as my gp said "its fked" haha.

Asthma, arthritis and depression - no changes with any of these.

Overall I feel better in myself, although I do know I still have a long way to go with my mindset on it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment