Monday 15 August 2011

lapband - oct 2010

I had a fill yesterday. Needed one about 4 weeks ago, but I am having a heap of dental work done and wanted to wait. Problem is the dentist is doing one tooth at a time and I have apts until December.

Now have I said before that you need good teeth to have the lapband. One thing you have to do is chew, chew, chew your food. With painful teeth, that doesn't happen. The dr asked if I was sure I wanted a fill and I said yep even if I have to blend my food before eating. I had only lost just over 1kg since I saw him in August due to eating bigger meals.

I am now able to buy clothes at regular shops such as kmart or 1626 etc. That feels so good. The dr yesterday said that when I get to 100kgs he is sending me to the surgeon to see about getting all the excess skin cut off. While excited about this, I am also very nervous about the pain. He has said they could probably do everything I want done at the same time - arms, boobs, stomach. I was talking to someone and they had 20kgs of skin removed. :O

Even after over a year its still hard to get use to some of the things you have to do. When out with friends and esp talking you want to have a drink, but if you do while eating, I find I throw up. Funny how a lifetime of habits are hard to break.

I have been experimenting with recipes lately. Since I no longer have steak, bread etc and eat mainly chicken and fish, its becoming a challenge to cook different dishes. So far they have all gone down well here at home with the family so thats a plus lol.

I have more energy, well when not tired haha and am enjoying doing things I couldn't do before.

One of the things I am aiming for in the next month, is to practice getting on and off the floor. I know, sounds a simple thing, but something I haven't done in over 2 years. I want to do this so that when we go on holidays I can use the spa.

I can now put my socks on and do my shoes up without help. All things people take for granted except when your obese.

Anyway thats this months update. I will let you know how I get on with the spa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment