Saturday 2 February 2013

Thank God January is over

All I can say is that I am glad that January 2013 is over. I wasn't going to write about it, but since it is part of my life and that is what this blog is, it needs to be written.

The Good.

I went and saw South Pacific, Mouse Trap and Les Miserables. Loved them all and felt very cultural haha. I went to the Gold Coast food and wine expo, where I got some great recipes and also discovered some new food. I was chosen to go on stage with Justine Schofield and toss a crepe . I thought to myself 'this is not going to go well' haha. But I did it!!

I had a fill in my band and considering I hadn't had one for 11 months, Dr Adib was very pleased that I had maintained my weight and not put on, as most would have. My diabetes blood test came back fine, so another positive.

I got to spend time with good friends on my days out and to that I am grateful. I have such a diverse group of wonderful friends.

The Bad.

Peter has to help everyone. Over the years he has been burnt a couple of times, but nothing like this month. A friend's brother wanted him to paint his car. Long story short, he wanted the car back before it was finished. Peter told him he would have to bring it back. The guy then got his sister who is a lawyer involved.

Peter had a nervous breakdown. I was having to deal with it all and talk to lawyers, who said that they had no case. Due to the harassment of the sister, Peter would then get worse. I got to the point of just not being able to deal with it all. I ended up giving the guy what he wanted, which was everything he had paid - money for paint used, money to panel beater. He hadn't paid for the painting, but it was more paying him to piss off.

I had to borrow money to make up the shortfall. Have been selling my jewellery, carousel, bell and crystal collections and anything else I can get my hands on. They are just things and its more important to me to get rid of this headache.

In amongst all this. Ryan had an ear infection and a burst eardrum. The antibiotics were playing havoc with his bladder. At times he couldn't go without hoping out of his chair. Since I can't do this, I would have to ring Peter at work to help. Even though he would clocked off and he gets to work his own hours, his boss went off and we thought Peter was going to lose his job.

Now add in more crap with DSQ to top it all off. The couple of days without power or phone from the floods was nothing. An inconvenience to looking after Ryan, but nothing more. Peter is getting better since it has all gone away and he can bury his head back in the sand (this is how he deals with most things. Not a criticism as such, just his way).

I think that I have used up my years worth of crying and so it now all has to just get better.

I joined the relief baked team on facebook and did the cooking for Laidley area, as my way of giving back and trying to restore my karma balance (can't think of any other way to say it). I am going to put January in a box and burn it.

Thanks to those friends that gave me a shoulder to cry, scream and complain on.

Now lastly, something that I thought of this week. When I had the reading, she told me that I there would be some trouble involving money and the law. I thought police, but with what has happened, it is lawyer. I am not a firm believer, but so much has come true with what she said. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment