Friday 11 November 2011

Meaning of Life

Okay so what is the meaning of life? Is it just to exist or is there more to it? Sometimes it feels as if I am just being here, day in and day out. I feel like I should be doing more. Alexandra Graham Bell invented the phone and people could communicate. Others have discovered, invented or helped others in a mass way. Should the rest of us just be here to enjoy what others do, or should we get out there and try and do what we can to help mankind? If we don't, will we look back on our lives and say 'I was here', or 'I enjoyed myself' or 'I helped and left my mark for others to see'.

Most people live by the motto of - do unto others as you would have others do unto you. But do people really live this way? People might see restaurants throw away left over food and say 'why not give it to the homeless etc', but how many of the people who say that actually give their left overs away. If your electricity or phone isn't working, people complain about the inconvenience. How many go and visit neighbours to see if they need any help while these services are out? Maybe something for us all to think about.

Well thats enough profound and questioning wisdom for today. Let me know your thoughts though below.

No comments:

Post a Comment