Wednesday 3 October 2012

Mischievous Adventures

This weekend I am going to be catching up with some girls - well women now - that I use to work with 30 odd years ago. So again laying in bed, I started thinking back to that time in my life.

Linda may remember our times on the Gold Coast. We would see a car with some good looking guys in it and follow them. Distance was no barrier, as once we ended up in Pottsville haha.

Then there was the time that I picked up Linda and Kim to take them to the coast for the day and Kim worrying because there was dope on my car floor. This was due to taking a friend to pick up his stash and some of it spilling in the car. Most of it was gone, but I remember Linda and I saying we were going to dust bust it up to keep haha. It was also the weekend that my grandmother died when we were at the beach.

Another friend of mine, Joanne, use to work at Maroochydore police station. We had many adventures together. One weekend I took Karen, a work colleague from MBF up to Cotton Tree for a weekend with Joanne. Jo was telling us that a flasher had been spotted in the area. We were warned by Bob one of the coppers not to go looking. As if we would!!

Well of course we would. Karen, Jo and I sat in the area for ages waiting for the person to turn up. After getting bored, we got up to leave, only to have the guy fishing near us, turn and flash us. Jo screams out, 'bring out the police dogs' and the three of us start running after this guy. Poor thing probably didn't know what had happened. We were running in amongst caravans and cars, calling out to him and laughing so much, we were nearly wetting ourselves. Needless to say he got away, but we sure did have fun for a while.

Holidays and weekends back then, were always a time of adventure. I use to holiday on the Gold Coast with family friends. It was on one such holiday that I went to the beach and came home with a date with an Elvis impersonator. What the hell was I thinking!!

Jo and I decided to go on a mini driving holiday to visit relatives. Our first stop was Munduberra to stay with my auntie. Now anyone who has ever been here, knows that it is a one main street town. We did a pub crawl and by the time we got back home, my auntie knew where we had been and who we had spoken to. From there we went to Biloela to Jo's aunty. On the way there I went to sleep in the car. Jo while driving came across a semi, towing a semi backwards. She thought it would be absolutely hilarious to get up really close behind it and then started to scream waking me up. I just about shit myself, when waking up and seeing what looked like a semi coming straight at us.

One thing was that we never hurt anyone, but just had some good fun and wonderful memories were created. I remember a lot of good times, but too many to write down at this point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment