Monday 4 June 2012

Beliefs

Everyone has beliefs, but not everyone has respect for others beliefs.

Some people believe in God, a Higher Being, Angels, religion of some sort. Others do not. Some believe in a combination of religion and science. Everyone, no matter who they are, has some sort of belief system.

I have found that there are people who do force their religion on others. They might be the door knockers that come around, someone on the computer that sends you religious messages, or a friend that might just tell you to go to church with them at every chance they get.

Then there are those that mock religion at every chance or do the same as above and send you messages on your computer about atheistism (don't know if that is a word, but it is now lol). 


What both of these groups of people don't tend to realize is that they are the same. "What!!" I hear you say. "I am not like them." Well guess what..... you are. You don't respect what others believe. 


Why am I writing about this? Well its simple. I feel because of these two groups of people, that I have to watch what I say. If something happens to one person, I won't go in and say that they are in my prayers as they would get offended by it. The same as I don't go into posts where people are asking your to pray for something that I don't believe in. 


They say a lot of wars are caused by religion and yes that is true. But isn't it also true that a lot are started because of someone else's intolerance to the religion that other people believe in. 


So what are my beliefs. Well they are complex. I believe that yes the world was created millions of years ago and the evolution of man. I also believe in a God/Higher Being and that they created the universe that allowed all this to happen. I believe in the ascended masters and that above all of them is a higher being ( you can find them here http://www.celticgardens.com.au/Ascended-Masters.html ).

I believe in psyhics, crystals, meditation and various other therapies/beliefs. I also believe there is a lot about creation and religion that we don't know. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that when our time is up, its up and nothing we do can change that.

I have heard a lot of people ask about faith as its something you can't prove. My thoughts are - neither is love. You can't see love or prove it. Its a feeling, a belief. Faith is the same thing.

But I will go on how I do now. I tend to keep everything neutral when talking to someone eg I am thinking of you, rather than I am praying for you and I try to respect their views. At Christmas time I tend to go a general Merry Christmas. Some people don't celebrate Christmas and that is fine. I am not going to stop being their friend because of it.

Being and thinking differently is what makes the world what it is today. Respect for fellow human beings is what will make it a peaceful place to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment