Wednesday 29 February 2012

flying high

Wow!! That is how my last week has been. Nothing really explains it, except Wow.

It started with the girls coming over, the cruise being booked, another cooking class and then a phone call to say I had won a competition to cook with Jamie Oliver.

It didn't matter that I am to have more root canal and dental work done and it took my mind off worrying about Peter and his upcoming tests. Life just couldn't get better than this week.

I have felt like I was literally walking on air. At one point, Ryan even caught me skipping around the house, singing 'I won, I won, I won'. Yes I know, not a very good visual haha. But you know what ...... I don't care lol.

You know when you read a book or watch a movie and it says about everything looking different? Well for the first time in my life, that is how things are looking right this minute for me. The sun is shining brighter, colours are fresher and life in itself, seems lighter.

If you couldn't tell - and most friends could - I have really been struggling the past few months with coping. I had gotten to the point of wondering, how much longer can I cope with this. Yes I have been jealous of others my age and the freedom they have. I get to leave the house twice, sometimes 3 times a week, when Ryan is home (that includes grocery shopping). The constant demand of someone needing you 24 hours a day, is not something you can explain and unless people have been through it, they have no idea (and lets be honest. Most people in society don't want to understand).

And while I am on two different anti depressants and trying to get the right balance with them, this past week has done more for me, than they could ever do.

So yes, I am going to be crowing about it for a while and enjoying this feeling for all its worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment